Monday, April 21, 2014


I am responding to an article on page 418 and 419 in the textbook. Right off the bat the title of the article is “What America Owes Its “Illegals”. I laugh at the title because I think we do not owe them anything and they owe a bunch of taxes because most do not have the right to live in the states that families that have developed and have a signature saying that we live and own property in the United States. However this article is saying that they deserve a bonus. This is because they have been doing the dirty jobs such as mowing lawns, cleaning offices, hammering nails, picking our valuable crops and many other dirty jobs we both do for low paying salary. The article is also saying that there are many minority workers who are working on these jobs that are nameless. One quote I found from the article is that “I’ve got to find myself a couple of Jose’s for this job if we are going to have that roof patched up by Saturday. I do agree that the minority workers who come in to this country and live without citizenship are being treated poorly while earning a paying job for them and the families that the workers might have. However I think that they take away jobs from other unemployed job seeking Americans and we suffer more than the Mexicans. Recently found by the San Diego ACLU is that immigrants do pay a lot in taxes which they should. But the older Americans get to enjoy their old age   and live off pensions, retirement funds and other such bills that aid them. I am saying that immigrants do take advantage of living in the US illegally while US citizens are unemployed and not working. This world is messed up in aspects that affect daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment