Monday, March 10, 2014


I was doing research for a paper and found out that there was a national day of unplugging ourselves from technology. In a recent paper I typed for English I saw how many people are always on their phones and computers playing games while they could strike up a conversation with a person and get to know them. While I do think technology is useful, our gadgets suck up so much time and constantly need fixing and recharging that we kind of lose sight of the outside world because we are so sucked into what is going on in Facebook and Twitter when we could be playing card games or having fun outside running around playing tag like I remember doing in third grade before we became so engrossed with phones and more. At some point the human race will not know how to function without their phone, computer, or tablet in their hands. Schools and libraries always have books and teach you how to read and write without the use  of computers. Today the school library is dominated by computers with online books and some hard backs but not as many as there were back in the forties and fifties. I realize times are changing as more and more people come up brand new ideas to help make life and business easier but let us not forget the simpler times of problem solving and figuring things out on your own without looking it up on Google. I admit I do this because I have not grown up being forced to play outside and having free time like many younger kids played outside such as my grandparents because they did not have TV or computers to spend time on.

No comments:

Post a Comment