My response to the text
on page 213 is in agreement with the author. The author Rahul K. Parikh who is
a medical doctor knows a lot when it comes to the people he has seen and
treated. According to Rahul, African Americans are being a victim of racism in
the medical field and sometimes not even being treated for any of their
diseases. I hope that more and more blacks can be able to afford the costly but
beneficial health insurance so they can get their problems fixed. I am
fortunate to be healthy and live well enough to go to the doctor if I need too.
I wish that the Medical field would train all the doctors with the same
material to know how to handle all patients with varying problems. Even though
the studies in the text article are good resources there are many poorer white
and other raced people who cannot afford healthcare insurance to go get their
routine checkup at the doctor. There are also blacks that are very wealthy that
go to the doctor’s office. I think this article is true in regards to the
studies, but also lacks sources of other examples of other races such as Hispanic
or Caucasian who cannot afford to see a doctor. The paragraph that mentions
that hospitals are in tough urban areas should be used to the lower income patients
and be more familiar with them. The hospitals could give discounts to attract
more people that need help. The doctors should not judge people by their skin
color but as an individual no matter the financial situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment